Women’s scarves can easily turn an otherwise lifeless outfit into a fashion-forward look without having to spend a ton of money on pricey accessories or anything like that. It’s easy to put on a beautiful scarf and come up with a breathtaking look!
However, shopping for the perfect scarf that suits you in every way: style, color, and fabric, has to be done a certain way. You should know that a scarf can make your look but it can also break it. Meaning that if you buy a scarf just because it is trendy; without paying attention to any other details, chances are you’ll end up ruining your look.
Scarves are usually worn very close to your face so you must check to see if the color is flattering your skin tone and if the style suits your personality. The most important is that you feel comfortable with your newly purchased scarf.
Here’s a set of useful tips to keep in mind when shopping for fashion scarves:
1. Go For The Basics
You can’t go wrong with a stylish basic scarf, such as cashmere pashmina shawls, in a solid color like black and white or neutrals such as beige, walnut or ivory cream.
These pashminas are timeless pieces that will get you from winter to spring and look well with pretty much anything else in your closet. Sure, they are a safe choice, but better be safe than sorry.
2. Shop For Fashion Scarves To Update Your Collection
If you are a scarf collector, chances are you’re always searching for the latest fashion scarves. As you’re shopping for new scarves to add to your collection, here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Don’t over do it with colors. If you plan to wear a colored outfit, don’t pair it with a multi-colored scarf because it’s just too much. Opt either for a multi-colored scarf to go with a simple outfit, or choose a scarf that features only one of the colors of your outfit.
- Shop for a neon colored scarf to add that much needed pop of color to your look!
- Do a little bit of research before you hit the stores and find out which designs are trending right now and choose the ones that suit you best.
3. Fabrics To Shop For: cashmere, cotton, silk, wool, mohair or viscose. Opt for fabrics that not only look good, but also feel good. Remember, you’ll be wearing the scarf close to your skin.
4. Shop For Colors That Complement Your Skin Tone
5. Expensive scarves aren’t always the best ones, so search for affordable high quality. There are plenty online stores that offer a wide range of quality fashion scarves at great prices.
Happy scarf shopping!
*The scarves featured in this post can be found at lapurse.com