1. Color coordinate! And by color coordinate we mean match the shade of your lipstick with the color of your dress. This might sound tricky and we know that being too color coordinated can become a fashion faux pas, but here’s our tip: use only red or deep tones like plum on your lips.
Stay away from bubblegum pinks!
2. Wear a clutch…during day time! Clutches are not only for evening wear, you can easily wear them from nine-to-five. And look super chic! Just take Tamara Mellon’s, founder and chief creative officer at Jimmy Choo, advice: “It’s a fresh, modern alternative to an oversize bag.” Sure, you have to avoid satin and all over sequins for day time. We love Kim Kardashian’s leopard print clutch!
3. Dare to rock a pair of cute socks with a skirt! This is one of the most popular trends on the runways and we must say it looks cute. Best way to wear this trend is by matching the socks to the color of your shoes – we suggest you start the easy way and wear black. You’ll notice that it will look like you’re wearing booties. You can opt for ankle or knee length.
4. Have fun with fabrics and prints by mismatching them! This fall you are allowed to pair florals with polka dots or animal print with stripes. Give this bold trend a try and mismatch your prints!
5. Wear denim…from head to toe! The trick to getting it right? According to Gap’s executive vice president of design, Patrick Robinson “mix fabric weights and washes”.
Now tell us, which of these 5 bold trends would you try for fall?